100% Integrated Process
Rail GD is an innovative firm whose expertise extends from analysis to consulting and production. This analysis-design-engineering-production synergy allows us to develop fully customized solutions based on your needs, requirements and existing equipment.
Each of our projects is the sum of several talents, a reflection of the interdisciplinary strength of Rail GD.
Consulting and Project Management Services
Our team is outstanding, and thanks to our employees’ creativity and hard work we are now a North American leader in our field. Our know-how and technological resources allow us to develop integrated, comprehensive solutions adapted to your equipment and your operating context.
- Feasibility study and audit of your needs (repairs and reconditioning).
- Needs assessment and recommendations (resources, materials and components).
- Consultation with our experts to define the solutions best suited to your needs and to your budget.
- General advice on railways (rolling stock).
- Consultation for certifying and upgrading rolling stock.
- Experienced project manager focused on your project and your organization.
- Assistance with manufacturing and implementation.
- Support for recommissioning projects.
- Technical assistance.
- Precise technical specifications.
- Manufacturing expertise.
- Analysis of user trends and behaviours.
- Client-focused strategy for product development and enhanced user experience.
- Defining and creating the operator and user experience.
- Integrated design in synergy with engineering teams and manufacturing experts.
- Technical and operational feasibility study of concepts, functions and features.
- Modelling and prototype.
- Brain-storming workshops and testing of concepts.
- Help with revising concepts.
- Mechanical engineering (structure, mechanical and HVAC systems, interior design, plumbing system (water distribution and wastewater management), air brake system.
- Electrical engineering (power generation and transmission, distribution, energy storage system, electrical equipment).
- Systems integration engineering.
- Embedded software engineering.
- 3D modelling and design software, and 3D printing for prototype validation.
- Testing and trials of components, systems and railcars.
- Design evaluation and verification.
- Preparation of technical documents.
- Rollout: railcars and equipment operational and in service.
Repairs and Refurbishing
- Comprehensive expertise (mechanical and electrical systems, refrigeration, HVAC system, interior and exterior finishing, interior design, plumbing, welding and assembly) for a high quality, personalized result.
- Design and engineering teams work in close synergy.
- Modifications or improvements to set-up and layout, mechanical and electrical systems and overall aesthetics.
- Modernizing, repairing or replacing parts and equipment, as needed.
- Repairing damaged cars.
Investigating and repairing defective systems.
- Rigorous execution and quality control at all times.
Be part of our team!
Rail GD is an industry leader, a rapidly expanding and ambitious organization. Our team consists of committed individuals who share our work ethic and our desire to stand out in a competitive, highly specialized market.